The advantages and disadvantages of copper core cable and aluminum core cable are analyzed and compared. Although aluminum core cable is cheap, copper cable has prominent advantages in cable power supply, especially in the field of underground cable power supply. Underground copper core cable power supply has the characteristics of low accident rate, corrosion resistance, high reliability and convenient construction and maintenance. This is the main reason why copper cable is used in underground cable power supply in China.
1. Low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum core cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cable. 2. Good ductility: the ductility rate of copper alloy is 20-40%, that of electrician copper is over 30%, and that of aluminum alloy is only 18%. 3. High strength: allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7-28% higher than aluminum. Especially under high temperature stress, the difference between the two is even greater. 4. Anti-fatigue: aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not easy to break. In terms of elasticity, copper is about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum. 5. Good stability and corrosion resistance: copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while aluminum core is easy to be oxidized and corroded. 6. Large flow: because of the low resistivity, a section of copper core than aluminium core cable allows the carrying capacity of maximum current (by) high about 30% 7. Low voltage loss: because of the low resistivity of copper core cable, with the same cross section through the current situation. The voltage drop of copper core cable is small. Therefore, the same transmission distance can guarantee high voltage quality. In other words, under the allowable voltage drop condition, the copper core cable can reach a relatively long distance, that is, the power supply covers a large area, which is conducive to the planning of the network and reduces the number of power supply points. 8. Low heating temperature: under the same electric current, the heat generated by copper core cable of the same section is much smaller than that of aluminum core cable, making the operation safer. 9. Low energy consumption: due to the low resistivity of copper, it is obvious that the electricity consumption of copper cable is lower than that of aluminum cable. This will help improve the utilization rate of power generation and protect the environment. 10. Oxidation resistance and corrosion resistance: the connection head of copper core cable has stable performance and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. The joint of the aluminum core cable is unstable, and accidents often occur due to the increase of contact resistance and heat caused by oxidation. Therefore, the accident rate is much larger than copper core cable. 11. Convenient construction: the copper core is flexible, and the allowable bending radius is small. Potassium copper core is easy to connect because of its anti-fatigue and repeated bending. As the mechanical strength of copper core is high, it can bear large mechanical tension, which brings great convenience to construction and laying and also creates conditions for mechanized construction. Aluminium core cable than copper cable 1. The advantages of cheap: the copper rod is 3.5 times the price of aluminum rod, the proportion of copper is 3.3 times of aluminum, so the aluminum core cable is much more cheaper than copper cable, suitable for low or temporary electricity engineering. 2. The cable is light: the weight of aluminum core cable is 40% of that of copper core cable, and the construction and transportation costs are low. 3. The oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, aluminum react with oxygen in the air soon generated a kind of oxide film, to prevent further oxidation, so aluminum conductor is high voltage, large section and large span of overhead transmission will choose materials. Although aluminum core cable and cheap, but copper cable in the cable power supply, especially in the field of underground cable power supply, has a prominent advantage. Underground copper core cable power supply has the characteristics of low accident rate, corrosion resistance, high reliability and convenient construction and maintenance. This is the main reason why copper cable is used in underground cable power supply in China.
- Coaxial Cable, History, Development
- Broadband Cable And Network
- Coaxial Cable Classification
- Broadband Of Coaxial Cable
- Coaxial Cable Broadband System
- Introduction Of Coaxial Cable Network
- Radio Frequency Cables Classified By Structure
- Domestic Industry Of Optical Fiber Cables
- Overseas Situation Of Optical Fiber Cable
- Coaxial Cables By Application
- Copper Clad Aluminum Cable Selection (use) Prec...
- Russia's World Cup 2018
- What Are The Advantages Of Copper Core Cable
- Certificate Of Approval For Aluminium Cable
- Marine Aluminium Cable
- World Cup Semi-finals
- Nigeria Undersea Cable Investment
- A Network Cable
- Transformation And Application Of Optical And E...
- Ohm's Law Simply States