Nigeria's federal government says its investment in undersea cables has increased to 2.2 trillion naira in the past five years. More investors are now investing in undersea cables in information and communications technology.
Adebayo Shittu, Nigeria's transport minister, revealed this at the Nigerian Internet governance BBS in abuja, where he said mobile broadband penetration had risen to 20.95 per cent. Internet penetration has also made considerable progress, with more than 103 million citizens using the Internet.
"The ministry of transport has achieved some important milestones in its mission to develop the telecommunications and ICT industries," Shittu said. Today, Nigeria's active mobile broadband penetration rate has risen from less than 10% in 2015 to 20.95% in 2017. Nigeria's Internet penetration reached a milestone of 47.44%. Nigeria is by far the most active Internet user in Africa, with more than 103 million as of May 2018, ranking 10th in the world. Most of these data users are based on 4G technology, and there are now a large number of telecom providers offering 4G LTE services.
He said the federal government believes broadband Internet access as a country should be as good for every citizen as water and air. Nigeria has attracted more than 2.2 trillion naira in undersea cable investment over the past five years. Many other undersea active optical cables are under construction and will be more popular in the future.
- Coaxial Cable, History, Development
- Broadband Cable And Network
- Coaxial Cable Classification
- Broadband Of Coaxial Cable
- Coaxial Cable Broadband System
- Introduction Of Coaxial Cable Network
- Radio Frequency Cables Classified By Structure
- Domestic Industry Of Optical Fiber Cables
- Overseas Situation Of Optical Fiber Cable
- Coaxial Cables By Application
- A Network Cable
- Transformation And Application Of Optical And E...
- Ohm's Law Simply States
- The 2018 World Cup Finals
- Google Builds New Submarine Cables
- Google Built Its Own Submarine Cable
- The Cable Is Called Dunant
- Closed Circuit Television Monitoring
- Composition Of CCTV System
- Camera And The Camera Lens