Single-mode fiber (SMF):
Only one mode of signal wave can be transmitted, but it must be qualified: it seems that the textbook says that it is related to the thing called the normalized frequency. Finer, it is better to be 3 or 4 times the working wavelength; therefore, single-mode light is much thinner in shape than multimode fiber; single-mode fiber has no modal dispersion because it only transmits one mode.
Multimode fiber is used for small-capacity, short-distance systems, single-mode fiber for trunk, large-capacity, long-distance systems. Single-mode fiber core diameter is typically 9/125, while multimode is 50/125 or 62.5/125.
Single mode and multimode are relative to specific wavelengths. The same fiber may be single mode or multimode at different wavelengths. Light is not divided into single multimode. The source has single longitudinal mode ~ (dfb) and multiple vertical According to the mode (fp), the multimode fiber is smaller than the single mode at the fiber diameter, the single mode 652 is 62.5/125, and the multimode is 50/125 and 62.5/125. In terms of price, multimode Generally speaking, it is 1.5~2 times of the single-mode of the same core. From the practical application point of view, multi-mode is basically used in data access optical cable. The biggest disadvantage of multi-mode relative to single-mode is inter-mode dispersion (due to The same kind of light has different rates in different modes).
- Coaxial Cable, History, Development
- Broadband Cable And Network
- Coaxial Cable Classification
- Broadband Of Coaxial Cable
- Coaxial Cable Broadband System
- Introduction Of Coaxial Cable Network
- Radio Frequency Cables Classified By Structure
- Domestic Industry Of Optical Fiber Cables
- Overseas Situation Of Optical Fiber Cable
- Coaxial Cables By Application
- Telecom Cable Introduction
- Telecom Cable Insulation
- Telecom Cable Shielding Performance
- Telecom Cable Characteristics
- Telecommunication Cable Types
- Interference Capability Of Coaxial Communicatio...
- Flexible Cable
- Burglar Alarm
- Anti-theft Alarm Classification
- Happy New Year